Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Line Project (Third)

This piece was just complete experimentation for me. I stuck with the theme of monsters and creepy-ness. I wanted to draw an eye, which is another simple object you can draw, but have a lot of creative fun with and be detailed with. I tried to create weighted lines with a calligraphy pen. It didn't translate as well as I wanted, but like I said this was all for experimentation and fun so I ended trying to add some stuff to make up what I felt it was lacking. I wound up using watercolors to add some pop to the piece, another first for me. (This piece was a few firsts for me.) I just kind of went crazy with the different colors to see what other colors and patterns I could create. In the end the piece was almost completely different than what I had in mind in the beginning, but I still enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment